Auction Terms & Conditions
***PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT NOTICES BEFORE BIDDING***
When bidding on any lot offered by Gibson Auction, the bidder indicates acceptance of the following Terms of Sale. Any participation in the auction binds you to the agreement of these terms.
*All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with NO warranties or guarantees implied.
*Gibson Auction does its best to represent the items in the online catalog to be as accurate as possible in both picture and description, but again NO warranties or guarantees are made. Auctioneer has final say on any & all disputes.
*Any condition statement, written or verbal, is given as a courtesy to the client, and is only an opinion. It should not be treated as a statement of fact. Gibson Auction will have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear, imperfections or aging.
*Any estimates provided are our opinion of the price that a willing buyer would pay for the property at auction. These estimates are based on research from recent publishings, value guides, or when possible, on prices paid for comparable items sold in the past sales. They are neither a representation nor a prediction of the actual selling price that will be realized at auction, post-auction sale, or upon resale, which may be substantially different from these estimates. We will not be liable in any way for such a difference.
*No Credit Card Chargebacks. You agree that such you will not, under any circumstances, initiate a credit card chargeback with respect to any purchases at the Auction. You further agree that if, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, a credit card chargeback is initiated, these Bidder Terms and Conditions will be conclusive evidence of your agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback; and you acknowledge and agree that on the presentation of these Bidder Terms and Conditions to the bank, credit card company, or other financial institution that issued the credit card on which charges were made, such bank, credit card company, or other financial institution will reverse or deny any credit card chargeback, and will re-credit all amounts to or for the account of Auctioneer. If, in violation of these Bidder Terms and Conditions, you initiate a credit card chargeback, even if successful, you will remain liable for all purchases made at the Auction, and you will be responsible for all costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, incurred by or on behalf of Auctioneer and/or any Seller(s) in challenging the credit card chargeback and in collecting payment. Your agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback is a condition to your Registration as a Bidder, and for the privilege of bidding at the Auction, and is being made as an inducement for Auctioneer to accept your Registration and to permit you to bid at the Auction. Auctioneer is relying on your agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback in accepting your Bidder Registration and in permitting you to bid at the Auction.
*If you are a successful and winning bidder, you have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the property and remove the property.
* Gibson Auction Inc reserves the right to reject any bid at our discretion.
*Items are to be picked up on the designated pick up days which are Wed June 2nd, Thursday June 3rd and Friday June 4th from 9am-4pm. Firearm Pick Up is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We will reach out to each successful firearm buyer post sale to set up a an appointment time on the days stated above.
* Applicable taxes apply to the total purchase price (hammer price + 15% buyer's premium)
* Acceptable payment types include: Visa, Master Card & Discover.
*All Sales are FINAL and NO REFUNDS will be given.
*Buyers are responsible for any and all loading and removal of items.
*Gibson Auction Inc is not a shipping company, however we can take your items (not including firearms) to a local fed/ex ups dealer for shipping. See below if you need your firearm shipped.
*Any items not removed from the premise within 7 business days of the closing date of this auction will be deemed abandoned.
*Gibson Auction is not responsible for any errors in bids, omissions of bids, or failure to execute bids and shall have no liability to any bidder for any technical error or other failure associated with the Internet, absentee bidding, or telephone bidding.
*Know your State/Federal firearms laws BEFORE bidding.
Gibson Auction is a licensed FFL Dealer and will conduct a background check before removal of any purchased item(s).
* All Federal & State laws apply to the buyer
* All federal and state firearm laws govern every aspect of this auction and any infraction of the law will immediately be reported to local law enforcement and the ATF.
*All Virginia residents purchasing modern firearms produced must complete a Virginia State Police background check at our Auction Facility located at 220 Byrd Street Orange, Va 22960
*There is a $2 processing fee for background check.
* The only exception to the $2 fee is a licensed Federal Firearms Dealer or Curio & Relic Collector License holder. Licensed bidders, ie Federal Firearms Licensees or Curios & Relics license holders must present a current signed copy of their license. Assault Rifles and accessories require additional identification per Virginia State Police requirements.
*All out of state winning bidders must have firearms sent to their local FFL.
*The background check & firearm pick up will be conducted by APPOINTMENT ONLY between the hours of 9am-4pm on Wed June 2nd, Thurs June 3rd and Friday June 4th. We will reach out to all successful firearm purchasers either by phone or email to set up these appointment times.
*If you bid on a firearm and later find out that you can not legally own/accept delivery/, the bid is still a valid contract that the buyer must pay.
*If you are denied by the background check to take possession of the firearm, you will not be given the firearm and the firearm will remain at the auction facility to be sold at a later auction.
*Photo ID with current address is required at pickup, as well as a paid invoice.
*All modern firearms (post 1898) will be sold under Gibson Auction Inc Federal Firearms License (FFL).
*Long guns- (rifles, shotguns) must be 18 years of age
*Hand guns- (revolvers, pistols) must be 21 years of age
*There will be 1 day of inspection prior to the closing of this auction.
Shipping of Firearms:
* All out of state firearm buyers are responsible for shipping costs & obtaining approval from a licensed FFL dealer to accept your purchase. A current signed copy of the receiving FFL licensee is required to be sent to our office in order to allow the firearm to be shipped. Please fax to 540-661-0249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Shipping is available for $40 per weapon plus actual shipping costs. $2 background check fee per firearm. Insurance is an additoinal expense that Gibson Auction recommends. Gibson Auction will not be held liable for any damage incurred during shipping.
*You are responsible for knowing if your state bans a certain type of firearm/ammo/accessory from being shipped to you.
*Straw Purchases are prohibited. A straw purchase is purchasing a firearm for another individual who is not lawfully able to own the firearm. Only the registered bidder is able to pay and pickup firearms from our auction facility.
* All firearms are being sold “as is." Estimates & Condition are opinion based. These opinions are based on research done, value guides and past sale results. It is advised that you the buyer come to the inspection on Friday May 28th between 9am-4pm and make a determination for yourself as to the value of the item being sold.
* Gibson Auction does not guarantee or warrant fireability of these firearms. It is recommended that the buyer have the fiearm inspected by a competent gun smith prior to firing.
*Gibson Auction reserves the right to deny the sale of a firearm to any buyer
*We will not ship out of country.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms